FIRSTLY, this treatment is not a Hair Straightening or Hair Relaxing treatment. It is a 100% Intensive Hair Repair Treatment by realigning hair amino acids compositions and bringing it close to your virgin hair.
Lots of products and ingredients which are banned by the European Union, USA, Canada and other developed countries are very much in use in India without much restrictions in the name of Keratin Treatment.
Keratin treatment was originally introduced as Brazilian Blowout, where high quantity of Formaldehyde was being used. Formaldehyde does not repair your hair but forms an artificial film on the cuticle making it temporarily soft, shiny and straight for a few weeks. However, it is a banned carcinogen and must be avoided at any concentration. Still, lots of very popular global brands in keratin business are using high quantity of Formaldehyde or its water soluble composition i.e. Methylene Glycol in their Keratin Treatment and posing huge health at the cost of stylists and the clients.
HOW THIS TREATMENT WORKS?
The chemistry is based on combination of low molecular weight carboxylic acids and a cocktail of amino acids present in Keratin Protein. The solution forms cross linkage with existing amino acid structure of hair at both cuticle and cortex level and also seals it from outside.
Safe – The ingredients, chemistry and process is very much safe for the clients as well as for the stylist.
Intensive Repair – The treatment repairs the hair fibre at both cuticle and cortex level by bond multiplication, amino acid refill, cross linkage and strong sealing from outside.
Re-Alignment and Protection – The treatment significantly reduces volume, thanks to protein reticulation technique and it protects hair from any further damage that is already porous or previously damaged.
Effortless Blow Dry – The treated hair required minimal efforts for a shinier, professional blow dry look.
Overall it will repair your hair inside out, making it softer, shinier, more manageable, frizz free and well hydrated for up to 50 washes.
STEP BY STEP PROCESS
- Wash hair with deep cleansing shampoo, preferably having a slightly high pH in the range of 7-8.
- Remove excess water with towel.
- Dry hair up to 70% using a blow dryer.
- Apply Hair Silk Lotion (primer/filler) on over processed, damaged, porous or chemically treated hair.
- Leave it for 5 minutes. Do not rinse.
- Now apply Keratin Smoothing Lotion, in small sections lock by lock, preferably wearing gloves using fingertips, from root to tip. Don’t use rough brush.
- Cover the hair with a plastic cap and let the solution remain on hair for approx. 40-45 minutes at 30 degree temperature. In case of excess cold weather, use hood dryer to maintain temperature.
- Now, WITHOUT WASH, apply LPACIFIQUE Intensive Hairspa Conditioning Mask, strand wise and leave it for another 15-20 minutes.
- Light Rinse (60-70% only) with lukewarm water. DO NOT OVER RINSE, DO NOT SHAMPOO.
- Straight Blow Dry with Round Brush.
- Now use Flat Iron at a temperature of about 180 – 220 degree, subject to hair quality with a minimum of 6 to 8 passes for each strand.
- Now apply LPACIFIQUE HAIR SILK LOTION (primer/filler) section wise.
- As a second last step, again do Flat Iron with a minimum of 4 passes on each strand.
- Finish it with styling serum.
- Use TRESSOPLEX KERATIN SMOOTH SHAMPOO
- Use LPACIFIQUE INTENSIVE HAIRSPA CONDITIONING MASK
- Finish it with Hair Silk Lotion
KERATIN SMOOTHING LOTION
Key Ingredients – Demineralized Water, Hydroxypropylmethyl Cellulose, Ceteareth 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic Capric Triglyceride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glyoxyloyl carbocysteine, Hydrolysed Keratin Amino Acids, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Tocopherol Acetate, Phenoxyethanol
KERATIN SMOOTH SHAMPOO
Key Ingredients – Demineralized Water, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Cocaamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 7 Glyceryl Oleate, Ethylene Glycol Distearate, PEG 150 Distearate, Polyquaternium 10, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Hydrolysed Keratin, Polysorbate 80, Phenoxyethanol
INTENSIVE HAIRSPA CONDITIONING MASK
Key Ingredients – Demineralized Water, Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Stearmidopropyl Dimethylamine, D Panthenol, Polyquaternium 10, Cocoa Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth 2, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Liquid Paraffin, Steareth 21, Caprylic Capric Tryglyceride, Guar Gum, Polyquaternium 7, EDTA Disodium, Hydrolysed Wheat Protein, Hydrolysed Keratin Protein, Cetyl Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Polysorbate 80, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate
HAIR SILK LOTION
Key Ingredients – Dimethiconol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Cyclomethicone, Oil Blend, Fragrance